These booking Terms and conditions contain important information. It is essential that you read them carefully and understand them as they apply to all services provided by Vivekananda Travels Pvt.Ltd.
We advise you to purchase comprehensive travel insurance package against medical, nature calamity, helicopter evacuation, personal accident and cancelation etc. we do not have any insurance policies we sell but it is available from Kathmandu base insurance company. ( The pilgrims who require insurance policy should inform Vivekananda Travels Head Office Before 15 Days Of Tour Starting Date Contact No: 8943888842 Or www.starhealth.in call toll free no: 1800-425-2255 / 1800-102-4477 Or +9779851044186 )
Cancellation By The Company
We may be obliged to cancel your trip by reasons like border closed, permit not issued or cancelled by the government, war, civil disturbances, strikes, natural disasters, terrorist activities or threat of such and closure of airport etc. Under such circumstance, we cannot make any refund regarding this situation.
No refund will be made to any tour member in-case of incomplete pilgrimage due to what so ever reason
Please note that Kailash permit will not be issued for the person who is above 70 years old. However, for safety reasons, Vivekananda Travels (P) Ltd has policy that a person of age above 65 years cannot book his/her travel with this company.
Rules And Regulations
All the flight rates are depending upon the India- Nepal And Tibet/ Chinese air company rules and regulations.
IMPORTANT PRE-DEPARTURE INFORMATION
Casual wears and comfortable walking shoes are the rule of Tibet. Be sure to bring warm clothing as nights and early mornings can be quite chilly to cold. Indian Pilgrims are advised strictly not to wear Sari during this yatra. Bring all the film, medicine, cosmetics, personal toilet items etc. that you will need from home as these are difficult if not impossible to obtain on the way. A small first aid kit is also a good idea. Also quite useful is a route map, to know where you are going and have been each day.
What To Take
Winter wear: Gore-Tex material, though expensive, is highly recommended. Down jacket, raincoat or windbreakers, thermal under wears, Jackets, warm trousers & woolen shirts (cotton will also do), warm sweaters, woolen gloves, sun hat, comfortable shoes, light leather boots in case of snow, woolen balaclava ('monkey cap') & scarf/dust mask to protect your eyes & nose from dust and lip balm. which approved As per the rules and regulations Of the government
Bring With You
You may bring the snacks for along the way such as chocolates, dry fruits, toffees, glucose, namkeen etc. Strong water bottle & water purifying tablets. Personal medical kit and Diamox tablet (for high altitude). Sun glasses (to protect your eyes from UV, which is especially strong in high altitudes).
Sun block or sun screen lotion, wet tissues (Fresh-ones are excellent to wipe off the dust), clothes-line/clips, needle & thread, body spray (handy for smelly boots/feet and for a round of spray in the toilet tent!), toilet paper, torch & spare batteries, daypack (small shoulder bag), Camera & films, Binocular. The companies Not Allow To take Which is not Approved By India- Nepal And Tibet/china Government Rules and regulations.
This is one of the toughest high altitude road journeys on earth. You Must be physically fit - no two ways about that. Generally patients with asthma & heart problems have a problem acclimatizing to high altitudes. In your interests it is essential you should be examined by your doctor to know about your health condition and your ability to cope up with the rigors of high altitude travel for days in 'no road' conditions, extreme cold, dust, trekking to an altitude of 19500ft during the Parikrama, etc.
As you are traveling over high terrain, you are likely to experience symptoms and discomfort of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breathlessness etc.) until your body adjusts to the elevation. This can take a couple of days or more depending on an individual. For this reason alone, we have made it mandatory to stay 2 nights at Purang (4550M) moving on to the higher altitudes.
Drink plenty of water, be calm, and do not exercise. Do not drink alcohol or smoke prior to and during the tour. We also recommend you carry a strip of diamox tablets.
Risks & Liability
Vivekananda Travels Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conducted strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Vivekananda Travels Pvt. Ltd and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, and cancellation/delay of flight, delay arrival, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.
- Any decisions to be taken regarding managing crisis situation like unwell pilgrims or regarding mortal remains of the pilgrims should be informed to the company and tour escort at the earliest, without any delay.
- Kailas Yatra is one of the most adventurous and highly risky journey. There are no sufficient hospitals/mortuary facilities enroute and back Kailas Journey.
- In order for safe handling of any unforeseen situation, any close relative of the Kailas Yatra Pilgrim has to sign the declaration form along with his/her reachable contact details
Required Documents for Kailash Yatra Booking
Passport valid for at least 6 months
Passport size photograph of the pilgrim - 4 copies to be submitted during booking
Scan Passport / Xerox copy should reach Vivekananda Travels (p) Ltd, Head office, Branches prior 25 Days.
Original passport should reach 7 days prior to the yatra at Delhi Office
- Age Bar – Up to 60 years old.
- A training camp along-with yoga training will be organized at Guruvayur before 41 days of Kailas Yatra starting date. All pilgrims should mandatorily attend the session without fail.
Mode of Payments
25% of the total Tour charge should be remitted while booking for the yatra
And the balance amount should be remitted to Vivekananda Travels account before 41 days from departure date through bank account only. (Cheque favouring Vivekananda Travels P Ltd are also accepted )
Tour Cancellation Policy
All notice of cancellation must be sent to our head office in written
Verbal cancellations will not be accepted
INR 10000/- will be deducted against the cancellation performed before 40 days from departure date. Thereafter no refund will be provided by the company.
The Passengers booking for package tours should give a copy of air ticket/ train ticket to the head office at Calicut before 15 days of the tour starting date.
Vivekananda Travels is not in any way responsible regarding the confirmation of ticket and cancellation of tickets both air/ rail confirmation and cancellation refund policies are as per the air/train authorities. Rules and Regulations terms and condition only.
Authorized Regional Branch Offices
- KANNUR: KVR Tower, South Bazaar, Kannur. Ph: 0497-2712711, 8138908686, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VADAKARA: Roshni Building, Opp New Bus stand, Vadakara. Ph: 0496-2514444, 8138908383 Email: email@example.com
- WAYANAD: CSMC, Down Bazaar, Mananthavadi, Wayanad. Ph: 9447385910, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PALAKKAD: SV Palace, Opp MES School, Olavakkode, Palakkad. Ph: 0491-2553268 Email: email@example.com
- KOZHIKODE: SK Temple Complex, Near Stadium, Kozhikode. Ph: 0495-2727100, 2727800, 4854444, 9846098080, 8943888803 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- GURUVAYOOR: West Nada, Guruvayoor Ph: 0487-2553657 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- THRISSUR: Pathayapura Building, Round South, Thrissur. Ph: 0487-2424144, 2444144 Email: email@example.com
- ERNAKULAM: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Complex, Kaloor, Ernakulam. Ph: 0484-2340341, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Near Santa Paint House, Elanji Lane, Pulimoodu Jn, Thiruvananthapuram. Ph: 0471-4010456, 8138928686. Email: email@example.com
- BANGALORE: Vivekananda Travels(P)Ltd, No.E2731, Nandi, E Block, Sahakar Nagar, Bengaluru-560092 Web:www.vivekanandatravelspltd.com Ph: 9567234860 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELPLINE DESK and FEEDBACK
We offer our 24 hours helpline number to ensure prompt support for our customers. In case of any emergencies/support requirement, you may call us to +91 9846098080 or leave us a message unto this number. Our team will contact you immediately.
For feedback/escalations/grievance you can contact +91 8943888843 or write your feedback to email@example.com.